It all started on October 1st, 1940 when four friends met at a diner near North Ave. and Harford Rd. for lunch. They had been exchanging leads informally until then and decided to form the club to continue doing so on a permanent basis. They were:
Marice E. Miller, Delvale Dairy
Glenn E. Hanna, Gates Rubber Co.
William G. Thomas, Roche & Hull
Edmund Starkey, Electric Refrigeration Co.